NXP Presents the World’s First One-Chip Solution for All Global In-Car Infotainment and Broadcast Standards
- Software-defined, multi-standard device for global digital and analog broadcast standards AM/FM, DAB(+), DRM(+) and HD
- Ultra-compact single chip integrating six ICs into one: radio and audio as one combined high-performance system solution
- Seamless integration with NXP’s latest automotive multimedia processor families and next-generation NXP smart Class D Amplifier
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 04, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At CES® 2017, NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI), the global leader in automotive and in-car infotainment semiconductor solutions, announced the SAF4000 – the world’s first fully integrated software defined radio solution capable of covering all global broadcast audio standards, including AM/FM, DAB+, DRM(+) and HD. The new IC represents a breakthrough in simplifying the development of high-performance infotainment platforms as it replaces today’s multi-chip solutions with a single ultra-compact RFCMOS device.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/3df3f733-a25d-4d88-8ae8-fa6e3185cd08
The SAF4000 is software-defined, thus simplifying the logistics for car OEMs: a single hardware device covers all regional broadcast requirements via an end-of-line firmware update, saving cost and complexity for multiple hardware and software offerings across the globe. In combination with NXP’s newly announced i.MX 8 applications processor and the new TDF8534 smart Class D amplifier, NXP is now able to offer a complete high-performance, easy-to-use car infotainment platform with integrated audio in the market.
Car infotainment is a true differentiator for carmakers and the competitive automotive marketplace. The integration provided by the SAF4000 reduces complexity and system costs while delivering a 60% power and space savings for great design flexibility.
“The step from multi-chip discrete to a one-chip RFCMOS solution is a true quantum leap for the industry,” said Torsten Lehmann, senior vice president and general manager of Car Infotainment and Driver Assistance at NXP. “One-chip means a significantly smaller hardware footprint, easier development and simple worldwide integration with the ability to receive multiple different digital, as well as analog radio standards and to switch between them via software. Centralized infotainment head units, distributed radio/audio systems, as well as smart antenna solutions are perfectly supported by this new one-chip family.”
Engineering samples are available for our lead customers.
New NXP Radio IC SAF4000
- NXP radio designs are in 19 of the top 20 tier-1 automotive offerings delivering more than 500 million car radios in the past 10 years. NXP continues to offer world class integration of RFCMOS and SDR (Software-Defined Radio).
- NXP has delivered 400 million car amplifiers in the past 10 years. The new TDF8534 is the market’s first full digital amplifier. It has the smallest footprint available for five channels.
- i.MX multimedia processors have been deployed in over 65 million vehicles. i.MX 8 is a highly scalable, powerful application processor family designed to advance the multimedia experience in future connected cars. Samples are available. Customers using i.MX 8 + SAF4000 will benefit from a full NXP solution with reference design and software enablement. For further information see www.nxp.com/iMX8.
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has 44,000 employees in more than 35 countries and posted revenue of $6.1 billion in 2015. Find out more at www.nxp.com.
NXP and the NXP logo are trademarks of NXP B.V. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © 2016 NXP B.V.
For more information, please contact:
Europe / U.S.
Tel: +49 170 57 46 124
Greater China / Asia
Tel: +886 2 8170 9990
NXP Semiconductors Netherlands B.V.